Clairtone DVD Player and Hitachi TV Help Needed

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by MaxAttacks, Sep 14, 2008.

  1. MaxAttacks

    MaxAttacks Guest

    I know this equipment is older, but its what I have and I could use
    some help getting it to work together. A manual for these would be
    really helpful, as I don't have one for either of these. So, if anyone
    has one they could email, I'd appreciate it.

    The Clairtone DVD Player is a Model CLDVD201T with the following
    connections on the back:

    5.1-channel Output - Digital Audio Output - Video Output
    FL FR Coaxial Optical Y
    SL SR S-Video
    Cb
    Center Sub-W
    Cr
    I don't know how well the above will turn out when I post this, but I
    tried.

    The Hitachi TV is a 28", model CT-7884BC and I don't know how to
    access the menu to make adjustments? It works fine, but when I hook
    the DVD player to the TV using the S-Video, I don't get any audio,
    (I've already tried using a couple of different S-Video cables with
    the same result.) I previously posted in another newsgroup about the
    Hatachi, but didn't have any luck there:
    http://groups.google.ca/group/hitachi-hdtv/browse_thread/thread/e66591633a8eb34c?hl=en

    In the Clairtones Setup menu under "General Setup", it shows options
    for:
    TV Display: Normal / PS, Normal / LB, or Wide
    TV Type: Auto, NTSC, or PAL
    Pic Mode: Auto, High-Res, or N-Flicker
    Angle Mark: On, or Off
    OSD Lang: English, or French
    Audio Out: Analog, SPDIF/Raw, or SPDIF/PCM
    Captions: On, or Off.
    Scr Saver On, or Off
    YUV Video: Video, or YUV

    Under "Speaker Setup" I have the following options:
    DownMix: LT/RT, Stereo, VSS, or Off
    Center: On, or Off
    Rear: Rear: On, or Off
    SubWoofer: On, or Off
    CNTR Delay: Shows a sliding scale with off as the final option
    Rear Delay: " " " " " " "
    " "
    Test Tone: On, or Off

    "Dolby Digital Setup" has these options:
    OP Mode: Line Out, or RF REMOD
    Dual Mono: Stereo, L-Mono, R-Mono, or Mix-Mono
    Dynamic: Shows a sliding scale for RNG compression with off as the
    final option

    (There is also a "Preferences" option, but I don't seem to be able to
    access it for some reason.)

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    M.

    MaxAttacks, Sep 14, 2008

  2. In article <>,
    MaxAttacks <> writes:
    > I know this equipment is older, but its what I have and I could use
    > some help getting it to work together. A manual for these would be
    > really helpful, as I don't have one for either of these. So, if anyone
    > has one they could email, I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > The Clairtone DVD Player is a Model CLDVD201T with the following
    > connections on the back:
    >
    > 5.1-channel Output - Digital Audio Output - Video Output
    > FL FR Coaxial Optical Y
    > SL SR S-Video
    > Cb
    > Center Sub-W
    > Cr
    > I don't know how well the above will turn out when I post this, but I
    > tried.
    >
    > The Hitachi TV is a 28", model CT-7884BC and I don't know how to
    > access the menu to make adjustments? It works fine, but when I hook
    > the DVD player to the TV using the S-Video, I don't get any audio,
    > (I've already tried using a couple of different S-Video cables with
    > the same result.) I previously posted in another newsgroup about the
    > Hatachi, but didn't have any luck there:
    > http://groups.google.ca/group/hitachi-hdtv/browse_thread/thread/e66591633a8eb34c?hl=en

    S-Video only has video, no audio. You'll have to either use the analog
    audio outputs ot he digital audio outputs to get sound.

    David E. Bath, Sep 14, 2008

  3. MaxAttacks

    MaxAttacks Guest

    On Sep 14, 10:00 am, (David E. Bath) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > MaxAttacks <> writes:
    >

    > > I know this equipment is older, but its what I have and I could use
    > > some help getting it to work together. A manual for these would be
    > > really helpful, as I don't have one for either of these. So, if anyone
    > > has one they could email, I'd appreciate it.

    > > The Clairtone DVD Player is a Model CLDVD201T with the following
    > > connections on the back:

    > > 5.1-channel Output - Digital Audio Output - Video Output
    > > FL FR Coaxial Optical Y
    > > SL SR S-Video
    > > Cb
    > > Center Sub-W
    > > Cr
    > > I don't know how well the above will turn out when I post this, but I
    > > tried.

    > > The Hitachi TV is a 28", model CT-7884BC and I don't know how to
    > > access the menu to make adjustments? It works fine, but when I hook
    > > the DVD player to the TV using the S-Video, I don't get any audio,
    > > (I've already tried using a couple of different S-Video cables with
    > > the same result.) I previously posted in another newsgroup about the
    > > Hatachi, but didn't have any luck there:
    > >http://groups.google.ca/group/hitachi-hdtv/browse_thread/thread/e6659...

    > S-Video only has video, no audio. You'll have to either use the analog
    > audio outputs ot he digital audio outputs to get sound.

    Thanks David! I thought I had it all worked out, but I guess my
    connections for the audio were loosened when I pushed the TV back in
    place. Just as well though, I think the wires were connected to the
    wrong connectors anyway. I think I might have to take a picture of the
    back of this TV for reference. It's a real pig to try to move, but
    thats the only way to see whats back there.

    I could still use a user manual for these things, if anyone has one?

    M.

    MaxAttacks, Sep 14, 2008