    anyone know where I could take it for repair/replacement in the
    Wellington area?

    Thanks in advance.
    Daniel, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Daniel

    Jerry Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Seagate drive still under warranty that seems broken. Does
    > anyone know where I could take it for repair/replacement in the
    > Wellington area?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Just take it back where you got it.

    Regards, Jerry
    Jerry, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Jerry Guest

    Jerry, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Jerry wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a Seagate drive still under warranty that seems broken. Does
    >> anyone know where I could take it for repair/replacement in the
    >> Wellington area?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > Just take it back where you got it.
    >
    > Regards, Jerry

    Thanks Jerry.

    Would if I could. Unfortunately, don't know who the retailer was
    (assuming they're still in business). The drive has almost reached the
    end of it's 3 year manufacturers warranty.

    Hmmm... I wonder if I can use the s/n to trace the NZ distributor(??)
    Daniel, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Richard Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Seagate drive still under warranty that seems broken. Does
    > anyone know where I could take it for repair/replacement in the
    > Wellington area?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Go to the seagate website, fill in the form, courier to an address at the
    airport, within a week or 2, and replacement drive will arrive.

    I suggest you thrash the drive for a few weeks as I had a replacemnt die pretty
    quickly

    Richard, Dec 20, 2004
  7. Daniel

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Dec 20, 2004
  8. Daniel

    # Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:16:31 +1300, Daniel wrote:

    > Thanks Jerry.
    >
    > Would if I could. Unfortunately, don't know who the retailer was
    > (assuming they're still in business). The drive has almost reached the
    > end of it's 3 year manufacturers warranty.
    >
    > Hmmm... I wonder if I can use the s/n to trace the NZ distributor(??)

    This should give you the warranty details, and at least the NZ distributor
    (ie Ingram Micro etc)

    http://support.seagate.com/customer/warranty_validation.jsp
    #, Dec 20, 2004
  9. Daniel

    #, Dec 20, 2004
  10. On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:16:31 +1300, Daniel <> wrote:

    >Jerry wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a Seagate drive still under warranty that seems broken. Does
    >>> anyone know where I could take it for repair/replacement in the
    >>> Wellington area?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.

    >> Just take it back where you got it.
    >>
    >> Regards, Jerry

    >Thanks Jerry.
    >
    >Would if I could. Unfortunately, don't know who the retailer was
    >(assuming they're still in business). The drive has almost reached the
    >end of it's 3 year manufacturers warranty.
    >
    >Hmmm... I wonder if I can use the s/n to trace the NZ distributor(??)

    Yes all 10 of them..
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004
  12. On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:44:07 +1300, # <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:16:31 +1300, Daniel wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks Jerry.
    >>
    >> Would if I could. Unfortunately, don't know who the retailer was
    >> (assuming they're still in business). The drive has almost reached the
    >> end of it's 3 year manufacturers warranty.
    >>
    >> Hmmm... I wonder if I can use the s/n to trace the NZ distributor(??)

    >This should give you the warranty details, and at least the NZ distributor
    >(ie Ingram Micro etc)
    >
    >http://support.seagate.com/customer/warranty_validation.jsp

    That is only for the US, and NOT from the date of Sale, Plus to many
    distributors here..
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004
  14. On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:56:41 +1300, Daniel <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a Seagate drive still under warranty that seems broken. Does
    >anyone know where I could take it for repair/replacement in the
    >Wellington area?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Before you send the Drive back, read the RMA Info on the Seagate site on how
    to pack up a drive..

    No it does not go back to Seagate but the packing is important.

    Most Agents and shops do not know how to pack a drive for shipments.

    That is the main cause of all failures.
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004
  16. Daniel

    Richard Guest

    Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

    > That is only for the US, and NOT from the date of Sale, Plus to many
    > distributors here..

    I have used it several times with there active-x on the site to actually query
    the smart status it makes the process almost too easy.

    Richard, Dec 20, 2004
  17. Daniel

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Dec 20, 2004
  18. Daniel

    # Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:44:04 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:44:07 +1300, # <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:16:31 +1300, Daniel wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks Jerry.
    >>>
    >>> Would if I could. Unfortunately, don't know who the retailer was
    >>> (assuming they're still in business). The drive has almost reached the
    >>> end of it's 3 year manufacturers warranty.
    >>>
    >>> Hmmm... I wonder if I can use the s/n to trace the NZ distributor(??)

    >>This should give you the warranty details, and at least the NZ distributor
    >>(ie Ingram Micro etc)
    >>
    >>http://support.seagate.com/customer/warranty_validation.jsp

    > That is only for the US, and NOT from the date of Sale, Plus to many
    > distributors here..

    Have you ever tried entering a NZ distributed Hard Drive through this site?

    Obviously the answer in *NO*

    Please make sure that you know what you are talking about before shooting
    off in future, *please*
    #, Dec 20, 2004
  19. Daniel

    #, Dec 20, 2004
  20. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Go to the seagate website, fill in the form, courier to an address at
    > the airport, within a week or 2, and replacement drive will arrive.

    Thanks for the info.

    I've just filled in the details for the RMA and I got a delivery address
    to Singapore. Should I have got a different address, or did you mean
    that I courier from the airport?
    Daniel, Dec 20, 2004