    type of problem previously (computer is about 6 months old). Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Jeff
    CTB, Jan 11, 2004

  2. CTB

    anna keynow Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:57:04 +1100, "CTB" <> wrote:

    >I have tried multiple times to install Civilization III from an original CD.
    >Each time I install it everything appears to be OK until I try to load the
    >installed game. On double clicking the icon the hourglass comes up for a
    >second and then nothing more... I am running win 2000pro service pack 3
    >with an athlon 2800+, 512 RAM and GF4 TI4200 video card. The same CD works
    >without a problem on my brothers inferior computer. I have not had this
    >type of problem previously (computer is about 6 months old). Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Jeff

    I am just stabbing in the dark here but, have you tried disabling any
    progs. running in the background?
    I'm not saying that this is the entire answer but, I have seen so many
    games not work when Norton (in particular) is running. This computer,
    admittedly with smaller specs, wouldn't run "The Sims" or "Tiger Woods
    Golf", we found disabling Norton did the trick. Worth a try, if you
    haven't already done it.
    Good luck.
    -+Anna+-
    anna keynow, Jan 13, 2004