    Prior to the current problem, the 4 hour speed on the vcr part stopped
    working even though the 2 hr and 6 hr speed worked fine

    Thanks...

    Tony Cianfaglione, Dec 5, 2004

  2. Tony Cianfaglione wrote:
    > A friend's combo vcr/tv is having problems. It's a Citizen JCTV1594 whihc
    > he bought just 4 years ago.
    >
    > When he turns it on, the power light will stay on for 20 seconds and then
    > go out. There is no sound or picture during startup.
    >
    > After trying to turn it on a second or third time, he can smell something
    > burning (like ozone).
    >
    > Prior to the current problem, the 4 hour speed on the vcr part stopped
    > working even though the 2 hr and 6 hr speed worked fine

    Have you tried soaking it in water?

    I saw some similar devices at Walmart for about $79. How much is a fire
    hazard worth keeping around?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 5, 2004

  3. Tony Cianfaglione

    Kenny Guest

    Take it to a TV engineer and ask for an estimate, don't be tempted to
    attempt a DIY repair. These have become so cheap it's probably not worth
    getting fixed.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Dec 5, 2004