    is even more ridiculous.
    Any advise, comments????
    Thanks

    CaptainAl, Apr 29, 2004

  2. CaptainAl

    Ford Prefect Guest

    CaptainAl wrote:
    > I am getting ready to take the CISSP this weekend and got the transcender
    > Secure ProCert simulator. In knew the thing was going to be tough, but this
    > is unreal.

    You would have been better off to use the sample tests available for
    free via the CCCURE site.

    The CISSP exam is tough -- it isn't meant to be a "reurgitation" exam
    that any 17-year old with a good memory can pass. It is meant to
    demonstrate you knowledge and understanding of the topics involved.....

    > My question, is the actual test as full of nonsensical questions as the
    > trancender? The simulation also has a few glaring errors

    Those who have taken the CISSP are not allowed to comment on the
    actual test content. That being siad, the CISSP exam does not p;lay
    siolly games and is not intended to trip you up or be sneaky --- the
    questions are tough and require you to demonstrate you knowledge,
    ability and understanding of the concepts and practices, etc., under
    the CBK. There are no sneaky question asking you to define acronyms -
    that's not the purpose of the test.

    > I know the Security + test had lots of subjective type questions, but this
    > is even more ridiculous.

    I wouldn't call any of the questions on the CISSP exam subjective.

    > Any advise, comments????
    > Thanks

    Remain calm, take your time and read each question thoroughly before
    trying to answer, if you can;t get the anser right away move on and
    come back to it later, take a break every half hour or so )bring some
    water or something to drink -- or is the exan sponsor providing such
    things?), and don;t panic if you see others leaving / completing
    before you do -- its not a race to see who can finish first!

    Good luck!

    Ford Prefect, Apr 29, 2004

  3. CaptainAl

    CaptainAl Guest

    Thanks for the input,

    I have used the sample tests and reviewed everything they had at CCCURE,
    they all seemed much more straight forward. I was just freaking out a bit
    about some of the questions on the transcender. I did find some glaring
    mistakes on the transcender tests, some were just downright wrong. I doubt
    they will give me my money back, oh well. One thing about it, those
    questions that were wrong, by golly I know the material now :)

    Anyway, I've calmed down sufficiently.

    BTW I'm much more seasoned than a 17 year old ;-)

    Thanks again

    CaptainAl, Apr 29, 2004
  4. "CaptainAl" <> wrote in

    > Thanks for the input,
    >
    > I have used the sample tests and reviewed everything they had at
    > CCCURE, they all seemed much more straight forward. I was just
    > freaking out a bit about some of the questions on the transcender. I
    > did find some glaring mistakes on the transcender tests, some were
    > just downright wrong. I doubt they will give me my money back, oh
    > well. One thing about it, those questions that were wrong, by golly I
    > know the material now :)
    >
    > Anyway, I've calmed down sufficiently.
    >
    > BTW I'm much more seasoned than a 17 year old ;-)
    >
    > Thanks again

    the exam questions aren't that hard. and the CISSP isn't quite as "elite"
    as ISC2 want you to think. :-(

    i was getting many q's right even before i started studying for it. and i
    ain't no genius by any means.

    --
    Secure Lockdown
    CISSP, MCSE, Security+, Linux+

    Secure Lockdown, Apr 29, 2004
  5. CaptainAl

    Al Guest

    I appreciate the info in this thread - I have posted my concern with the
    Security+ exam above.
    Can I ask what material you used for the Security+ exam and when you
    actually took the exam. I felt I had done fairly well in the exam despite
    the crazy wording of many questions - I studied 50hrs+ all from Sibex
    Security+ study guide approved by Comtia 2003 version. I was shocked to find
    out I failed, 756 needed 764. I have also been in business for years. I
    would appreciate you thoughts on what I need to do pass, if I retake exam.
    Cheers

    Al, Apr 30, 2004