    Frustrated!!

    Thanks in advance,
    Markus

    Markus, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Markus

    Marcin Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been having some problems with slow performance using Resource
    > Manager
    > Essentials 3.4. I am running 2.4 Ghz Pentium IV with 1 Gig of RAM on
    > Windows
    > 2000 professional.
    >
    > I have never experienced an acceptable performance from this system using
    > RME.
    >
    > Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how to configure this system?
    >
    > Frustrated!!
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Markus

    1. Sever requirements shown in the Cisco documentation are minimal.
    2. Check swap file in the server (for 1GB RAM -> 2GB swap).
    3. DON'T run browser from the server. For browsing use only client browser
    station (min. PIII 300, 256MB). Java use a lot of resources (proc, ram).

    Marcin, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Markus

    Eddie Guest

    We are experiencing the same problems.
    A fast client pc with at least 512 Mb memory will speed up some performance.

    Check your resources on the client (CPU,MEM) when working with ciscoworks,
    you will see that java will almost use them all..

    gr,
    Eddie

    Eddie, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Markus

    S. Gione Guest

    Markus;

    "I feel your pain", and it's enlightening to find that a 2.4Ghz/1GB machine
    is still not enough.

    CiscoWorks was a big disappointment for us. Granted, we tried it on a
    lesser machine than yours, but also on a Sun Sparc ... neither had anything
    close to acceptable performance. Literally took minutes to load a page to
    create/submit a job. We gave up on the product.

    I consider this to be one of the few failures in the otherwise superior
    Cisco product line.

    S. Gione, Nov 16, 2004