    each router/DSL modem/BRAS

    Your expriences sahring and help are appreciate.
    Thank you all and regards,

    chairuou, Jul 7, 2005

  2. chairuou

    Brian V Guest

    "chairuou" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > We have few locations and at each site we have some access point, sites
    > connected together via MPLS VPN and relied on Telco's connection and
    > connected to them by SHDSL.
    >
    > My question is :
    > - Can we use Ciscowork LSE for manage all access points at sites over
    > the VPN network ? If above is applicable, what is recommended seting on
    > each router/DSL modem/BRAS
    >
    > Your expriences sahring and help are appreciate.
    > Thank you all and regards,

    Yes, of course you can use WLSE to manage those AP's. The WLSE is either a
    standalone appliance or comes as a blade for the 6500 series switch, it is
    not your typical CiscoWorks app that you can install on a server.

    For a senerio such as yours you will need to make sure you configure 1 AP at
    each remote location as a WDS server with the rest being clients in that
    location. You can have no more than 25 AP's reporting to an active WDS AP or
    about 50ap's reporting to a WDS ap that has it's radio disabled. A WDS per
    location will prevent any unnecassary traffic from traversing your VPN cloud
    and causing a performance impact in your environment.

    As far as configuration of the VPN devices, no there is no special
    configuration needed, all you need is connectivity to the seed device in
    each location. Speaking of seeds, you know that you have to have cisco
    infrastructures in all of those locations and that they must support CDP.
    Example, if you have a Pix 501 with users connected to a Linksys hub you
    will have limited management ability of those AP's with the WLSE.

    -Brian

    Brian V, Jul 7, 2005

  3. chairuou

    chairuou Guest