ciscosecure acs certificate question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Adam KOSA, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Adam KOSA

    Adam KOSA Guest

    could please anybody give a hint about how cs acs handles certificates.
    i'm planning to have dot1x in my network, but before i want to try it, so
    i configured my home access point to use a radius server, and installed
    acs on my desktop computer (my notebook will be using the AP via
    authentication). after generating the .csr i copied it to my linux, and
    signed it as a CA, with openssl (i have my own self-trusted CA to sign
    everything in my network). i also imported the CA's .crt to the acs
    server. however when trying to install the .crt (which i got from the
    ..csr by signing it) the acs gives the error: only version 3 certificates
    are supported.

    looking in the .crt with vim, it really says version 1. But never had
    problems with this before (apache, mozilla and thunderbird all using
    ..crt files like this).

    i found
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a00801df0e4.shtml
    the doc about how to implement this whole issue, but i sure don't want to
    use any certificates that has anything to do with microsoft.

    even the final solution will be linux-based (freeradius) but at home i
    have a windows on the desktop, so the only choice as a radius server is
    acs (i have nothing else to use).

    i'm sorry if this turns out to be an openssl issue and nothing involved
    with cisco, but currently all i see is that any application i know works
    well with openssl-signed .crt files, but ciscosecure acs does not.

    regards
    Adam

    Adam KOSA, Jan 5, 2005