    I guess we'd need a WCS, in order to give customers access to see
    their own devices/reports etc. If that's possible.

    Thanks, Stuart.

    Emlynfluff, May 16, 2008

  2. Emlynfluff

    Uli Link Guest

    Emlynfluff schrieb:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been asked to look at a WLAN Controller project. Initially, this
    > will be for our internal use, then eventually offering some sort of
    > multi-tenancy share for our customers.
    >
    > Anyone have any experience in the latter?
    >
    > I guess we'd need a WCS, in order to give customers access to see
    > their own devices/reports etc. If that's possible.

    If you have to authenticate WLAN users for multiple customers, check the
    restrictions for the originating interface for RADIUS requests. Each
    RADIUS server must be reachable from the IP addresses of the
    controller's management interface, which must also be reachable by every
    connected LWAP. So if your customers want their own RADIUS servers used
    for their own SSID/VLAN those management networks must be
    interconnected, which is usually NOT the desired topology.
    You can set the RADIUS server per VLAN/SSID but you cannot set the
    RADIUS authenticator source interface per SSID/VLAN.
    No problem if all WLAN's use a common RADIUS.

    --
    Uli

    Uli Link, May 16, 2008