    'normal'? It's always been that way for us so I'm not sure if it's
    actually a problem per se.

    cheers.
    cactoid, Dec 8, 2003

  2. (cactoid) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hardware: 350-series client adapters (Mini-PCI and PCMCIA) with 1100
    > series AP running 12.2(4)JA
    > Authentication: LEAP using ACS 3.1 on Windows 2000 using AD as an
    > external database.
    > Client side: Windows XP SP1 + all current critical/security hotfixes,
    > Cisco ACU 6.2.012
    >
    > Everything works fine except that the "Finding a domain controller"
    > process takes too long. We have two DCs, both on the same LAN as the
    > AP. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the problem at this point in the
    > authentication process.
    >
    > Can anyone else out there tell me if the delay at this point is
    > 'normal'? It's always been that way for us so I'm not sure if it's
    > actually a problem per se.
    >
    > cheers.

    The set-up that we installed was somewhat "down level" (both H/W and
    S/W) on your set-up as it was a couple a years ago now. AP340's,
    running 11.-something, WinNT4 machines, ACS v2.6 and pre-AD. Can't
    remember the ACU version.

    However, we did find the same thing - i.e. finding the domain
    controller was slow (up to 30 seconds). Did quite a lot of tracing and
    packet decoding and came to the conclusion that it was just slow and
    we never found any way of speeding things up. Cisco also got involved,
    but didn't get anywhere with it either. Once the users were educated
    that this was the case, they seemed happy enough.

    Pete
    Pete Mainwaring, Dec 8, 2003