    if more people use it?

    Thanks!
    , Nov 13, 2006

  2. Brian V Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Cisco states that their VPN concentrator 3000 can support 500
    > simultaneous WebVPN connections...have you seen the performance degrade
    > if more people use it?
    >
    > Thanks!

    You are looking at the 3030 or larger to do 500 webvpn sessions, the smaller
    ones do 50, 75 and 200. The numbers are fairly close, the throughputs and
    right on the money. Are you looking at remote access VPN or a VPN for a
    wireless DMZ or such? If remote access, what is your internet pipe? Thats
    usually where the limitation lies. Here's the spec sheet.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/prod_models_comparison.html
    Brian V, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Guest

    Brian,

    Thanks for your reply. My company runs the 3030. We are already using
    IPSEC VPN and thinking about rolling out WebVPN as a complement. Just a
    bit worried if the performance will drop when we have say 100 users of
    both type log on at the same time. Do you run it at your company? Have
    you noticed anything? I know sometimes there's a big difference between
    what the brochure says and reality. Thanks again.

    John

  4. Brian V Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Brian,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply. My company runs the 3030. We are already using
    > IPSEC VPN and thinking about rolling out WebVPN as a complement. Just a
    > bit worried if the performance will drop when we have say 100 users of
    > both type log on at the same time. Do you run it at your company? Have
    > you noticed anything? I know sometimes there's a big difference between
    > what the brochure says and reality. Thanks again.
    >
    > John
    >

    > Brian V wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi all,
    >> >
    >> > Cisco states that their VPN concentrator 3000 can support 500
    >> > simultaneous WebVPN connections...have you seen the performance degrade
    >> > if more people use it?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks!
    >> >

    >> You are looking at the 3030 or larger to do 500 webvpn sessions, the
    >> smaller
    >> ones do 50, 75 and 200. The numbers are fairly close, the throughputs and
    >> right on the money. Are you looking at remote access VPN or a VPN for a
    >> wireless DMZ or such? If remote access, what is your internet pipe? Thats
    >> usually where the limitation lies. Here's the spec sheet.
    >> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/prod_models_comparison.html

    Hi John,

    I work for a VAR, do 100's of them a year. Unless you have greater than a
    50Mb internet pipe you are not going to even come close to maxing the box.
    The 500user is a license limitation, not a performance limitation. The
    numbers are pure fluff....it's throughput that kills a box. In reality if
    you have that many users coming in via VPN you would want to think about
    running dual boxes doing load balancing. Not from a performance standpoint,
    but as a simple failover, if you have that many users relying on VPN you
    sure don't want to have a single point of failure such as that.

    -Brian
    Brian V, Nov 13, 2006