Cisco VPN using BT HUB Router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by chumddlo, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. chumddlo

    chumddlo Guest

    I have found that I can connect fine using Cisco VPN client to work on
    my newly acquired BT Hub router. Unfortunately, I find that I get
    disconnected even if in the middle of working rather than leaving alone
    for any period of time.

    BT are no use what so ever as they just say they have no expertise with
    Cisco VPN software. I have proved by using my laptop on other
    broadband routers that it works fine and does not disconnect. I also
    am connected through Ethernet so I can rule out any wireless issues.

    The only way I have found to keep it alive for any great period of time
    is to set a ping -t running. This definitely helps, but eventully it
    will go.

    Any ideas or does anyone have this working?

    My network guys at works are stumped so any help would be appreciated.

    Cheers, Chris.

    chumddlo, Sep 15, 2006