Cisco vpn transparent tunneling inactive

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by guy-from-uab, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. guy-from-uab

    guy-from-uab Guest

    I am setting up and testing a windows pc to connect to a easy vpn
    server on on 2851 cisco router. Now in the lab we are testing there is
    no public ip available as it is within a university. So to simulate the
    internet we are using a router 7200 before the windows pc. The cisco
    2851 router has 2 interfaces. The internal interface is on a 10.1.0.0/8
    subnet. We assingned a 162.168.0.9 address to the external interface.
    The exernal interface of the 7200 router is 162.168.0.10 and the
    internal interface is 138.26.1.1. The client pc interface is on
    138.26.1.2. The vpn client is 4.0.5 version cisco vpn. Now the idea is
    to have a vpn tunnel between the 2851 router and the windows pc. We set
    the tunnel up between the 162.168.0.9 and the 138.26.1.2 addres and the
    remote pool bet 10.1.1.50 to 10.1.1.70 address. Now the conection is
    made but both on the server and the client the tunnel status is shown
    as down although everything else is up. On the client it shows
    transparent tunneling to be inactive although it is active using ipsec
    over udp. The client pc picks up an ip from the pool given in the
    server so the connection is made. A tracert from the client to
    10.1.0.2(an internal address in the 2851 subnet)shows it reaches the
    server 162.168.0.9 but doesnt know where to go from there. I am not
    sure how to fix this issue and make the 2851 subnet talk to the
    138.26.1.2 client talk to the subnet through the tunnel.Help needed. I
    am a novice and am using the gui available with the router

    Thanks a lot

    Prashanth
    guy-from-uab, Mar 17, 2005