Cisco VPN problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Darren Robertson, May 12, 2004.

  1. Hi all.

    I hope that you can help with an issue which is becoming quite urgent
    please?

    I am attempting to create a VPN to a client site to allow us to
    remotely administer some of their servers. The client in question has
    outsourced their IT and the contractor has configured a group and user
    for us to connect with on the client's pix. I in turn have installed
    and configured the Cisco VPN client with the relevant group/user data
    and can successfully connect to the pix and am assigned an ip address
    by the client pix.

    However I cannot ping or telnet to the servers I need access to. The
    contractor responsible for the client pix states that I have to add
    static natting to my pix but I am in the mindset that as I'm using
    client software to connect to the remote pix that this should be
    unneccessary.

    I have also tried bypassing my pix using a direct dial up and the
    symptoms are the same - I can connect to the pix and pick up an IP
    address but I can't ping or telnet to anything behind the firewall.

    Any opinions would be much appreciated.

    Many thanks for your help.

    D.

    Darren Robertson, May 12, 2004