Cisco VPN On Vodafone Data Card (UK) - HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by box200, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. box200

    box200

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    HELP!!!!!

    I have had a Vodafone Data Card for my laptop for 10 months and have been trying desporately to get a connection to a Cisco VPN.

    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows XP (Fully updated), the VPN Client is Cisco 4.0.5 (C) VPN Client and the Vodafone "Dashboard" Software is version 7.00.0015, the Windows XP firewall turned off (and there is no other firewall on my machine).

    I can connect and authenticate to the VPN, an "ipconfig /all" reveals my IP addresses, DNS, etc... have all been set correctly by the VPN. So I can establish a connection, but I can't "see" any comupters on my company's VPN! Further investigation reveals that every pack being returned is "bypassed", as the packets go out I get packets back ALL OF WHICH ARE BYPASSED!

    I have tried logging in to the VPN on another laptop (via the Orange (UK) network) and my user login/password all work and I can connect to our computers sucessfully so it can't be a problem with my account on the VPN or the configuration of the VPN - or can it?

    What am I doing wrong? Has anyone ever made a sucessful connection to a Cisco VPN through Vodafone in the UK?

    Please help as I an getting very frustrated!

    Thank you in advance.

    Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
    box200, Nov 3, 2006