Cisco VPN Concentrator 3015 password reset question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Lovejoy, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. Lovejoy

    Lovejoy Guest

    We have an old 3015 on our network that is doing NAT. Over the years,
    5 - 6, the preceding network admins have lost/misplaced the admin login
    and pass, and of course there is no documentation. It now falls upon
    me to figure it out because we plan to decommission it, but need to
    know what the configuration on it is. It is running version 3.5.2 of
    the VPN software.

    I have seen and read the password recovery procedure, BUT, I have
    heard/read somewhere that specific versions of the IOS/COS would would
    erase the configuration. Being that it is still in production, this
    gives me great pause.

    So the question is, has anybody see, heard, or witnessed a VPN
    Concentrator 3000 series running software version 3.5.2, erase the
    configuration while attempting a password recovery?

    Thanks
    Lovejoy

    This space for lease....

    Lovejoy, Feb 7, 2007

  2. You may wish to directly contact Cisco's Expert on this:

    Glenn Fullager

    Email: gfullage (at) cisco (dot) com

    Glenn Fullager is a customer support engineer at the Technical
    Assistance Center (TAC) at Cisco Systems, Inc.

    He is based in Melbourne, Australia. He is responsible for assisting
    customers in the AsiaPac region with high level problems, specializing
    in the Security and VPN technologies.

    Glenn has more than 10 years experience in the Information Technology
    field, specializing in Security/VPN for the past three years. He spent
    five years in North Carolina where he joined Cisco as a TAC engineer,
    before returning home to Melbourne last year

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.BradReese.Com

    www.BradReese.Com, Feb 7, 2007