    is the program located. Likewise, where is the server software?

    Regards,

    Buck

    Buck Rogers, Jun 5, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Buck Rogers <> wrote:
    :Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
    :Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
    :is the program located.

    I thought it came with the 501, but I could be misremembering.

    : Likewise, where is the server software?

    The server software is in the PIX 501. That's the whole point:
    the PIX *is* the VPN server.
    --
    'The short version of what Walter said is "You have asked a question
    which has no useful answer, please reconsider the nature of the
    Walter Roberson, Jun 5, 2005

  3. Buck Rogers

    Guest

    Buck Rogers wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
    > Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
    > is the program located. Likewise, where is the server software?

    You can download the VPN client from Cisco:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/index.html

    The server part is on the PIX.

    DT
    , Jun 5, 2005
  4. Buck Rogers

    Buck Rogers Guest

    On 5 Jun 2005 16:00:52 GMT, -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter
    Roberson) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >Buck Rogers <> wrote:
    >:Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
    >:Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
    >:is the program located.
    >
    >I thought it came with the 501, but I could be misremembering.
    >
    >: Likewise, where is the server software?
    >
    >The server software is in the PIX 501. That's the whole point:
    >the PIX *is* the VPN server.

    Walter,

    Thanks again for your help. Greatly appreciated.

    Buck

    Buck Rogers, Jun 6, 2005
  5. Buck Rogers

    Buck Rogers Guest

    On 5 Jun 2005 09:37:34 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Buck Rogers wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
    >> Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
    >> is the program located. Likewise, where is the server software?
    >>

    >You can download the VPN client from Cisco:
    >http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/index.html
    >
    >The server part is on the PIX.
    >
    >DT

    DT,

    Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

    Buck

    Buck Rogers, Jun 6, 2005