CISCO VPN Client to SOHO 91 router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by rbehl, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. rbehl

    rbehl Guest

    Hi all,

    I am very new to VPNs and any help would be very appreciated.

    I have set-up an IPSEC tunnel from a WinXP PC using Cisco VPN Client version
    4.0.1 with a SOHO 91 router.
    When I connect with the router, I have no problem establishing my IPSEC
    tunnel (i.e. the VPN client reports that I am connected) but I cannot access
    the local network. I don't know if their is a NAT problem or if I am
    setting up the access-lists all wrong. Also, do I need anything special
    setup on my Linksys?

    This is the basic setup I would like to get working:

    WinXP PC -----------Linksys Router--------------SOHO 91
    router ----------------------Local Network PC
    205.1.1.X/24 205.1.1.1/24 205.1.1.50/24
    10.10.10.1 10.10.10.5

    I am receiving an address on my PC of 10.10.10.X, and my routing table
    changes to make 10.10.10.1 my default gateway, however I cannot even ping
    this gateway.

    Thanks in advance,
    JK

    rbehl, Oct 4, 2004

  2. In article <BYh8d.11531$>,
    rbehl <> wrote:
    :I have set-up an IPSEC tunnel from a WinXP PC using Cisco VPN Client version
    :4.0.1 with a SOHO 91 router.
    :When I connect with the router, I have no problem establishing my IPSEC
    :tunnel (i.e. the VPN client reports that I am connected) but I cannot access
    :the local network.

    You need to configure vpnd 'split-tunnel' on the SOHO 91 -and-
    you need to configure your VPN client to request split tunneling.
    Just requesting split tunneling on the VPN client is not enough: whether
    you are allowed to do split tunneling or not is controlled by the
    remote security device (the SOHO 91.)
    --
    Caution: A subset of the statements in this message may be
    tautologically true.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 4, 2004