cisco vpn client problem with networking

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dmalhotr2001@yahoo.com, Jun 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have a major problem. I tried to install the cisco vpn client
    version 4.05R on windows xp service pack 2.

    The installation failed for some reason. After this happened I cannot
    get access to the internet or my router. On my cat5 cable I'm getting
    a weird error with a exclamation warning sign that says "Limited or no
    connectivity". I try to ping my router and I get "PING: transmit
    failed, error code 65." I looked this up and it said I might have
    firewall installed, however all my windows firewalls and any other
    firewalls are disabled. I have other machines that can hit my router
    and the router has been rebooted. I know that this is the first time
    this problem occured after installing this vpn client.

    Also when i uninstalled the cisco vpn (from add/remove programs), it
    still keeps the cisco vpn stuff in the start--> programs menu. I don't
    believe the software uninstalled properly. I'm not sure how to correct
    this problem.

    This is the first time it has happenend.

    PLEASE HELP!!!

    Thanks

    :D

    , Jun 5, 2005