Cisco VPN client passthrough PIX to PIX problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daqua, Oct 19, 2006.

1. daqua

daqua

Hi,

I have been busy for days now trying to get the cisco VPN client to work. I administer a network with 8 pixes 7 501's and one 506E. They are all connected by site to site VPN's. For a few people I want the ability to access the 506E from home. I used to do this with PPTP but found that it was not secure enough and decided to switch to Cisco VPN client. I setup VPN client on the pix 506E using the PDM, installed the client on my laptop and made connection. The connection is fine, only I cannot get any data through the tunnel. No ping no RDP.
    I tried about every option I could find, Switching back to PPTP gave connection again woth data. Does somebody have any tips?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

daqua, Oct 19, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. daqua

gp1200x

You may have had natting on....was sysopt connection permit ipsec also in your config? If you still can't get it to work send a note to gp1200x@yahoo.com with your config and I will see what is wrong. If you connect with the Cisco client but packets are discarded (seen in the stats property on the client - 2nd mouse button on the bottom right icon) it is usually a natting thing. Also make sure isakmp nat-traversal 20 is on the PIX if you are coming through a device...like a LInksys router to the PIX

gp1200x, Jun 1, 2007
    1. Advertising