    version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    firewall.

    Thanks in advance

    Tom, Nov 11, 2008

  2. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:27:48 -0500, "Tom" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    >connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    >version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    >firewall.

    Are you behind a NAT gateway? Does the VPN server support connections
    from behind a NAT gateway? What is the error message you get?

    Evan Platt, Nov 11, 2008

  3. Tom

    chuckcar Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in news:gfajif$d72$:

    > Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    > connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    > version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    > firewall.

    Disable the windows firewall entirely and see if it works. No point in
    fiddling with a program if you don't know if it's the problem.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 11, 2008
  4. chuckcar wrote:

    > "Tom" <> wrote in news:gfajif$d72$:
    >
    >> Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    >> connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    >> version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    >> firewall.
    >>

    > Disable the windows firewall entirely and see if it works. No point in
    > fiddling with a program if you don't know if it's the problem.

    Cable modem and no firewall. Guess how long will it take to become a zombie?

    wisdomkiller & pain, Nov 11, 2008
  5. Tom

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > "Tom" <> wrote in news:gfajif$d72$:
    >
    >> Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    >> connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    >> version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    >> firewall.
    >>

    > Disable the windows firewall entirely and see if it works. No point in
    > fiddling with a program if you don't know if it's the problem.

    Dangerous advice at best.

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 11, 2008
  6. Tom

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    > connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    > version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    > firewall.

    Contact support at the host end of the VPN tunnel and ask for advice.

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 11, 2008
  7. On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:27:48 -0500, Tom aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    > connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    > version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    > firewall.
    >

    > Thanks in advance

    Cant you set it up in yer cable modem?
    192.168.1.1 and look for somthing like "port forwarding"...might be a drop
    down menu with a big lits of things you can allow...prolly named Cisco VPN?

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 11, 2008
  8. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 01:54:01 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Disable the windows firewall entirely and see if it works. No point in
    >fiddling with a program if you don't know if it's the problem.

    Yeah, and while you're at it, eat some food off the street.

    No, I don't mean from a hot dog vendor.. I mean, walk down the street,
    and if you see some crumbs, eat it.

    Oh, and use your toothbrush to clean the toilet too. Just when you're
    done, rinse it under warm water.

    My god, you're an idiot.

    Evan Platt, Nov 11, 2008
  9. Tom

    chuckcar Guest

    wisdomkiller & pain <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> "Tom" <> wrote in news:gfajif$d72$:
    >>
    >>> Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    >>> connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    >>> version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    >>> firewall.
    >>>

    >> Disable the windows firewall entirely and see if it works. No point in
    >> fiddling with a program if you don't know if it's the problem.
    >>

    > Cable modem and no firewall. Guess how long will it take to become a
    > zombie?

    Just to check obviously. Then reenable it back to normal. Or better yet
    get a *real* firewall program.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 11, 2008
  10. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:01:47 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Just to check obviously.

    Stupidest idea I've heard in a while full stop.

    >Then reenable it back to normal. Or better yet
    >get a *real* firewall program.

    Perhaps a more logical suggestion would be to get a real firewall,
    install it, THEN disable the Windows firewall question mark?

    Evan Platt, Nov 11, 2008
  11. Tom

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >"Tom" <> wrote in news:gfajif$d72$:
    >
    >> Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    >> connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    >> version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    >> firewall.

    >Disable the windows firewall entirely and see if it works. No point in
    >fiddling with a program if you don't know if it's the problem.

    You would finally screw this person, it might take a full minute, but
    you would get what you've been working at all this time.

    --

    Food Art
    http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/11/creative-food-manipulation.html

    , Nov 11, 2008
  12. Tom

    Tom Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > Tom wrote:
    >> Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    >> connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    >> version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    >> firewall.

    > Contact support at the host end of the VPN tunnel and ask for advice.

    Did that but they were no help.

    Tom, Nov 14, 2008
  13. On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 23:14:56 -0500, Tom aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >> Tom wrote:
    >>> Hi, XP Pro, cable modem, internet access, a CISCO VPN client will not
    >>> connect. What might be causing this problem? I remember in previous
    >>> version of cisco client I had to enter a port number into the windows
    >>> firewall.

    >> Contact support at the host end of the VPN tunnel and ask for advice.

    > Did that but they were no help.

    Lemme get this straight...you contacted CISCO and they *couldnt* help you?

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 14, 2008
  14. Tom

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    §ñühwØ£f wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 23:14:56 -0500, Tom aided th' terraists with the
    > following claims :
    >
    >> "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >>> Contact support at the host end of the VPN tunnel and ask for advice.

    >> Did that but they were no help.

    > Lemme get this straight...you contacted CISCO and they *couldnt* help you?

    It is reasonable to assume that the end point he is connecting to who
    provided the connections details and/or the client software would
    provide support for their connection.

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 17, 2008
  15. On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:31:57 +0000, Desk Rabbit aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > §ñühwØ£f wrote:
    >> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 23:14:56 -0500, Tom aided th' terraists with the
    >> following claims :
    >>
    >>> "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >>> Did that but they were no help.

    >> Lemme get this straight...you contacted CISCO and they *couldnt* help you?
    >>

    > It is reasonable to assume that the end point he is connecting to who
    > provided the connections details and/or the client software would
    > provide support for their connection.

    I guess Tom fixed his problem since he never poasted again :)
    I would check the cisco site since they know more about networking than
    most. But thats just me.

    No bailout for GM!

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 17, 2008