    Thanks in advance.

    John

    , Oct 4, 2007

  2. John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > All,
    > I am trying to deploy the Cisco 5.0 VPN Client to several remote
    > users. I want to re-package the installer into a single .exe or .msi
    > self extracting self installing file, I would also like it to be pre-
    > configured with the required connection configuration. I know it can
    > be done because when I attended PSU for school, that is exactly how
    > they deployed the VPN client. Does anyone know how I can do this?

    When in an DC/AD environment this can be configured very easily on one of
    the DC's. Once a client logs in, it'll get the software installed
    automatically. Actually, it's quite an easy practice. Ask your sysadmin,
    he'll know.

    > Thanks in advance.

    You shouldn't say that, some here will reply in an appropriate way.

    > John

    John Holmes

    --
    Your mother was a quarrelsome hamster who was jailed for indecent
    exposure in septic tanks.

    John Holmes, Oct 4, 2007

  3. JWible Guest

    On Oct 4, 3:22 pm, John Holmes <> wrote:
    > "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > All,
    > > I am trying to deploy the Cisco 5.0 VPN Client to several remote
    > > users. I want to re-package the installer into a single .exe or .msi
    > > self extracting self installing file, I would also like it to be pre-
    > > configured with the required connection configuration. I know it can
    > > be done because when I attended PSU for school, that is exactly how
    > > they deployed the VPN client. Does anyone know how I can do this?

    > When in an DC/AD environment this can be configured very easily on one of
    > the DC's. Once a client logs in, it'll get the software installed
    > automatically. Actually, it's quite an easy practice. Ask your sysadmin,
    > he'll know.
    >
    > > Thanks in advance.

    > You shouldn't say that, some here will reply in an appropriate way.
    >

    > > John

    > John Holmes
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was a quarrelsome hamster who was jailed for indecent
    > exposure in septic tanks.

    John,
    Thank You for your quick response. But the users who we are trying
    to push this out to are remote, and do not log into the domain. We
    want to email them the installer "file" and have them run through a
    quick setup process. Once complete, we want the default connection
    entry to be what me choose before hand, so they don't have to import
    anything.

    Thanks again,
    John Wible

    JWible, Oct 4, 2007
  4. John Holmes Guest

    JWible "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Oct 4, 3:22 pm, John Holmes <> wrote:
    >> "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >> > All,
    >> > I am trying to deploy the Cisco 5.0 VPN Client to several remote
    >> > users. I want to re-package the installer into a single .exe or
    >> > .msi self extracting self installing file, I would also like it to
    >> > be pre- configured with the required connection configuration. I
    >> > know it can be done because when I attended PSU for school, that is
    >> > exactly how they deployed the VPN client. Does anyone know how I
    >> > can do this?

    >> When in an DC/AD environment this can be configured very easily on
    >> one of the DC's. Once a client logs in, it'll get the software
    >> installed automatically. Actually, it's quite an easy practice. Ask
    >> your sysadmin, he'll know.
    >>
    >> > Thanks in advance.

    >> You shouldn't say that, some here will reply in an appropriate way.
    >>

    >> > John

    >> John Holmes
    >>
    >> --
    >> Your mother was a quarrelsome hamster who was jailed for indecent
    >> exposure in septic tanks.

    > John,
    > Thank You for your quick response. But the users who we are trying
    > to push this out to are remote, and do not log into the domain. We
    > want to email them the installer "file" and have them run through a
    > quick setup process. Once complete, we want the default connection
    > entry to be what me choose before hand, so they don't have to import
    > anything.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > John Wible

    Maybe have a look here:
    http://www.emco.is/tutorials/msipackagebuilder/features_of_MSI_package_bu
    ilder/index%20.html

    On the other hand, an executable file that does all this, could be
    created in most popular coding languages.

    --
    Your mother was a gargantuan barbarian who used to breathe helium in
    disused warehouses.

    John Holmes, Oct 4, 2007
  5. why? Guest

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:43:28 -0000, wrote:

    >All,
    > I am trying to deploy the Cisco 5.0 VPN Client to several remote
    >users. I want to re-package the installer into a single .exe or .msi
    >self extracting self installing file, I would also like it to be pre-

    www.cisco.com try there.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_qanda_item09186a00801c2dbe.shtml
    something like
    Refer to the Documentation Changes section of the VPN Client Rel 4.7
    Release Notes in order to learn about the two topics "Using MSI to
    Install the Windows VPN Client without Stateful Firewall" and "Using
    InstallShield to Install the Windows VPN Client without Stateful
    Firewall".

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/client/rel3_7/gui3_7/install.htm
    MAC OS X version, but you get the idea

    Installing the VPN Client Application