    it disconnects for any reason. Is there a way to set this up as a service
    or some other way to automatically accomplish this connection? If it cannot
    be made reliable, we will install a concentrator

    David, Apr 9, 2004

  2. hmm...

    I think you can seek the answers in the admin manuals for the client.
    What I am think about is the command line syntax for the client software.
    should be possible to do this via commands all together:
    connecting, check connection, reconnect, shut down etc

    Then do a cmd file or compile a exe file and start this as a svc

    HTH
    Martin
    "David" <> wrote in message
    > I need to have a W2000 server connect to a database on a remote machine

    with
    > no user intervention. We have a Cisco concentrator at the remote site

    where
    > the database is located. Using Version 4.0.3(C) of the Cisco VPN client,

    > am able to bring up a VPN connection on boot by setting it up in task
    > scheduler. Although it works, I am concerned that it will not re-connect

    if

    Martin Bilgrav, Apr 10, 2004

  3. David

    David Guest

    Supposedly, Cisco support told a contact at a customer of mine that it could
    not be done. I will have to play with it further. It is the checking of
    status that would need to be set up if it is to run as a service that I do
    not fully understand how to do.

    Thanks,
    David

    David, Apr 12, 2004
  4. David

    ZikusCapi

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Cisco vpnclient

    have yo manage to get this work? auto reconnect?

    ZikusCapi, Sep 7, 2009