    PC 2007 , listed in order of preference.

    thank you,
    -Bob
    Bob Mgr, Feb 14, 2008

  2. Bob Mgr

    Trendkill Guest

    On Feb 14, 1:32 pm, "Bob Mgr" <> wrote:
    > When using Cisco VPN Client (in this case it's version 5 on Vista host) with
    > a virtual machine guest (XP Pro) , do you install the client within the
    > virtual machine or not?
    >
    > I am open to virtual machine products such as Parallels, Vmware or Virtual
    > PC 2007 , listed in order of preference.
    >
    > thank you,
    > -Bob

    What is the purpose of the vpn? If you do it at the host level, all
    guests should be able to use that if they are NATed. If they are not,
    I'm not sure how that would work as they technically have separate IPs
    bridged through the primary. If your goal is only at the VM instance
    level, then I would think either would work, but I would think that
    the bridged networking should be more likely since you technically
    have a public IP on the outside network.
    Trendkill, Feb 14, 2008

  3. Bob Mgr

    Howard Beale Guest

    Trendkill wrote:
    > On Feb 14, 1:32 pm, "Bob Mgr" <> wrote:
    >> When using Cisco VPN Client (in this case it's version 5 on Vista host) with
    >> a virtual machine guest (XP Pro) , do you install the client within the
    >> virtual machine or not?
    >>
    >> I am open to virtual machine products such as Parallels, Vmware or Virtual
    >> PC 2007 , listed in order of preference.
    >>
    >> thank you,
    >> -Bob

    > What is the purpose of the vpn? If you do it at the host level, all
    > guests should be able to use that if they are NATed. If they are not,
    > I'm not sure how that would work as they technically have separate IPs
    > bridged through the primary. If your goal is only at the VM instance
    > level, then I would think either would work, but I would think that
    > the bridged networking should be more likely since you technically
    > have a public IP on the outside network.

    I think at the host level you'd have to be careful which virtual network
    you connected your virtual machine NICs to. With VMWare the default is to
    bridge to the host NIC, and I have no good idea how well NATing to the VPN
    virtual NIC would do.

    Sounds like something to try, though.
    Howard Beale, Feb 15, 2008