    Can anybody help me with this problem?

    Thanks a lot

    Marco

    Marco Buchholz, May 6, 2010

  2. Marco Buchholz

    Rob Guest

    Marco Buchholz <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have a problem with my cisco vpn client (version 5.0.07.00290) on
    > windows 7 32-bit. I´ve installed it on a Dell Latitude E6500. If i use
    > it over my ethernet- or wireless-lan interface, the client works well
    > but if i use the internal umts card, the client connects as usual but no
    > data can be send or received through the tunnel anymore.

    Is this a problem that occurs immediately, or does it work for a
    few minutes and then die?

    Rob, May 6, 2010

  3. Am 06.05.2010 15:37, schrieb Rob:
    > Marco Buchholz<> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> i have a problem with my cisco vpn client (version 5.0.07.00290) on
    >> windows 7 32-bit. I´ve installed it on a Dell Latitude E6500. If i use
    >> it over my ethernet- or wireless-lan interface, the client works well
    >> but if i use the internal umts card, the client connects as usual but no
    >> data can be send or received through the tunnel anymore.

    > Is this a problem that occurs immediately, or does it work for a
    > few minutes and then die?

    The problem occurs immediately and the connection is up as long as i
    close it manually.

    Marco Buchholz, May 6, 2010
  4. Marco Buchholz

    Rob Guest

    Marco Buchholz <> wrote:
    > Am 06.05.2010 15:37, schrieb Rob:
    >> Marco Buchholz<> wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> i have a problem with my cisco vpn client (version 5.0.07.00290) on
    >>> windows 7 32-bit. I´ve installed it on a Dell Latitude E6500. If i use
    >>> it over my ethernet- or wireless-lan interface, the client works well
    >>> but if i use the internal umts card, the client connects as usual but no
    >>> data can be send or received through the tunnel anymore.

    >> Is this a problem that occurs immediately, or does it work for a
    >> few minutes and then die?

    > The problem occurs immediately and the connection is up as long as i
    > close it manually.

    Ok. I use the same laptop with UMTS internal card, and there is an
    issue with the Dell driver. It has a network card emulation built in,
    with a DHCP server functionality that has a lease time of only 5 minutes.
    This lease is of course expanded every time, but unfortunately Windows
    (XP in my case) is resetting all kinds of network uses whenever this
    occurs.

    We use VPN via PPTP, and it is lost when this occurs.

    Workaround: don't use the Dell drivers, but use drivers from Ericsson.
    I have asked Dell about this problem but they did not respond.

    But when you cannot get it to work at all, you probably have a
    different issue.

    Rob, May 6, 2010
  5. Am 06.05.2010 20:29, schrieb Rob:
    > Marco Buchholz<> wrote:

    >>> Is this a problem that occurs immediately, or does it work for a
    >>> few minutes and then die?

    >> The problem occurs immediately and the connection is up as long as i
    >> close it manually.

    > Ok. I use the same laptop with UMTS internal card, and there is an
    > issue with the Dell driver. It has a network card emulation built in,
    > with a DHCP server functionality that has a lease time of only 5 minutes.
    > This lease is of course expanded every time, but unfortunately Windows
    > (XP in my case) is resetting all kinds of network uses whenever this
    > occurs.
    >
    > We use VPN via PPTP, and it is lost when this occurs.
    >
    > Workaround: don't use the Dell drivers, but use drivers from Ericsson.
    > I have asked Dell about this problem but they did not respond.
    >
    > But when you cannot get it to work at all, you probably have a
    > different issue.

    Thank you,

    i´ll test a different driver first. I also read about problems, with
    private ip-ranges like 10.x.x.x (that i get from my provider), but the
    vpn-client works with win-xp.

    Marco Buchholz, May 6, 2010
  6. Marco Buchholz

    Uli Link Guest

    Marco Buchholz schrieb:

    > i´ll test a different driver first. I also read about problems, with
    > private ip-ranges like 10.x.x.x (that i get from my provider), but the
    > vpn-client works with win-xp.

    Hi Marco,

    you should try with the transparent tunneling set to IPsec over TCP and
    configure the VPN gateway accordingly.
    It's not unusual that providers don't support NAT-T IPsec over udp/4500.
    It's worth to to give it a shot.

    --
    ULi

    Uli Link, May 7, 2010
  7. Am 07.05.2010 15:40, schrieb Uli Link:
    > Marco Buchholz schrieb:
    >
    >> i´ll test a different driver first. I also read about problems, with
    >> private ip-ranges like 10.x.x.x (that i get from my provider), but the
    >> vpn-client works with win-xp.
    >>

    > Hi Marco,
    >
    > you should try with the transparent tunneling set to IPsec over TCP and
    > configure the VPN gateway accordingly.
    > It's not unusual that providers don't support NAT-T IPsec over udp/4500.
    > It's worth to to give it a shot.

    Hi Uli,

    i´ll try to reconfigure the gateway for this test, but i wonder why the
    connection works fine on win-xp.

    Thanks for your help!

    Marco Buchholz, May 10, 2010
  8. Am 10.05.2010 15:57, schrieb Marco Buchholz:
    > Am 07.05.2010 15:40, schrieb Uli Link:
    >> Marco Buchholz schrieb:
    >>
    >>> i´ll test a different driver first. I also read about problems, with
    >>> private ip-ranges like 10.x.x.x (that i get from my provider), but the
    >>> vpn-client works with win-xp.
    >>>

    >> Hi Marco,
    >>
    >> you should try with the transparent tunneling set to IPsec over TCP and
    >> configure the VPN gateway accordingly.
    >> It's not unusual that providers don't support NAT-T IPsec over udp/4500.
    >> It's worth to to give it a shot.
    >>

    > Hi Uli,
    >
    > i´ll try to reconfigure the gateway for this test, but i wonder why the
    > connection works fine on win-xp.
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    Hello,

    i found the reason for this problem. The cisco vpn client does not
    support WWAN devices on Windows 7.

    It´s described here:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/sec...n_client5006/release/notes/vpnclient5006.html

    I guess i have to wait for a new client-version, that supports this feature.

    Marco Buchholz, May 26, 2010
  9. Marco Buchholz

    alexd Guest

    On 26/05/10 07:38, Marco Buchholz wrote:

    > I guess i have to wait for a new client-version, that supports this
    > feature.

    Have you tried the shrew.net client?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:24:33 up 28 days, 22:02, 0 users, load average: 0.09, 1.20, 1.06

    alexd, May 26, 2010