    sort of IPsec?

    TIA,

    -Ramon F Herrera

    Ramon F Herrera, Feb 6, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    Ramon F Herrera <> wrote:
    >I am pretty familiar with the Cisco VPN device (the one that used to
    >be called Altiga), but I have no experience whatsoever with the
    >Linksys VPN boxes.

    >Can I use my Cisco VPN client to connect to a Linksys VPN box?

    I'm not sure on that point. I can say, though, that my Linksys VPN
    boxes have no problems connecting to a PIX.

    >Can I use my Cisco VPN client to connect to a Linux host running some
    >sort of IPsec?

    My understanding is that the Cisco client can be used to connect
    to FreeSWAN (or whatever it got renamed to.)

    Walter Roberson, Feb 6, 2007

  3. On Feb 6, 8:23 am, (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Ramon F Herrera <> wrote:
    >
    > >I am pretty familiar with the Cisco VPN device (the one that used to
    > >be called Altiga), but I have no experience whatsoever with the
    > >Linksys VPN boxes.
    > >Can I use my Cisco VPN client to connect to a Linksys VPN box?

    > I'm not sure on that point. I can say, though, that my Linksys VPN
    > boxes have no problems connecting to a PIX.
    >
    > >Can I use my Cisco VPN client to connect to a Linux host running some
    > >sort of IPsec?

    > My understanding is that the Cisco client can be used to connect
    > to FreeSWAN (or whatever it got renamed to.)

    I am trying to decide whether to buy the Linksys RV042 or the RVL200.

    Suggestions, anyone?

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Feb 6, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    Ramon F Herrera <> wrote:

    >I am trying to decide whether to buy the Linksys RV042 or the RVL200.

    >Suggestions, anyone?

    I am not familiar with either. Here's one link to some reviews:

    http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1206275&page=1

    There are a number of other reviews around, including Toms Hardware
    for the RV082 apparently.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 6, 2007