    reachable.

    Does anybody know the problem ?

    thanks

    anth0, Dec 5, 2003

  2. anth0

    PES Guest

    Its called split tunneling. The configuration is usually pushed down from
    the VPN Concentrator or PIX. If you are not the administrator of the
    terminating device, you may need to contact them.

    PES, Dec 5, 2003

  3. anth0

    Martin Snell Guest

    Hey there,

    I have had the same trouble with a VPN connection, it turned out to be a
    back ground firewall running within windows. I could connect with the VPN
    and exchange server with no problem but couldn't map my domain drives. I
    however have windows xp. It could be a hidden windows firewall or even one
    in a router. Any firewall will make it hard to connect and map drives.

    Hope that helps,

    Martin

    www.wanforce.com

    Martin Snell, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Your VPN concentrator administrator has disallowed split tunnelling for
    security reasons. You would need to negotiate with that person to allow
    split tunneling if you need access to your local wire while on the VPN.

    Alternatively, you can unse a non-IP protocol for your local windows shares,
    like IPX or NETBEUI. There are unaffected by the disabling of split
    tunneling by the VPN client.

    Phillip Remaker, Dec 5, 2003