    I am using netgear M814 router on a DSL network.

    Thanks,

    Alfred
    ak, Apr 26, 2004

  2. "ak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am trying to install the Cisco VPN client on my laptop at home. The
    > laptop is connected to wireless network running Windows XP Pro. As
    > soon as I installed the client software, I lost all my network
    > connection. If I connected the laptop to a lan line, I was able to
    > restored my network connection.

    VPN is supported on Wireless.

    If your M814 is connected to PPPOE, you will need to drop the
    ethernet/wireless MTU to 1400 or 1300 to make the VPN connections work.
    There is a SET MTU utility with the Cisco VPN client. You could
    alternatively use "DRTCP" (search google)

    > Can someone please tell me if the VPN client support wireless network?

    The VPN client uses some advanced NDIS driver features to insert itself in
    the stack. Make sure you have the latest driver for your wireless card
    (what wireless card are you using?)

    > What is the setting?
    > I am also having problem connecting to my company network with the
    > client software, which port should i set open?

    Make seure you make the conenction with the "NAT" box checked ("Enable
    transparent tunneling")

    Also, please use the VPN 4.x client. With a 4.x client and server, all of
    this stuff works out magically. (using IETF NAT-T)
    Phillip Remaker, Apr 26, 2004