Cisco VPN 3005 and DHCP relay

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rutger Blom, May 25, 2004.

  1. Rutger Blom

    Rutger Blom Guest

    Hello!

    We have two problems with DHCP-relay on a Cisco VPN 3005 and Cisco software
    VPN clients ver. 4.0.4(rel).

    1: The DHCP relay is working, but is not passing through all DHCP options.
    The most important one for us is option 252 (wpad) to configure browsers
    automatically.

    2: We have made reservations (by MAC) on our DHPC server in the scope that
    is handing out IP addresses to VPN clients. The VPN clients get a random IP
    address within the scope and not the reserved ones. I suspect this has to do
    with the fact that there is this virtual Cisco adapter in between. Does
    anybody have a workaround?

    Thanks in advance,

    Rutger
    Sweden