    Is there a way to add a suffix of "#" to every number that is dialed?

    Thanks!
    , Nov 18, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    > I am dealing with a provider that has requested that whenever we
    > terminate calls that we send a # at the end of the number to them.
    > This is suppose to elmimite the post dial delay. Right now, I already
    > change the numbers with the following to make them international:

    > translation-rule 1
    > Rule 0 ^0 0 ANY international
    > Rule 1 ^1 0111 ANY international
    > Rule 2 ^2 0112 ANY international
    > Rule 3 ^3 0113 ANY international
    > Rule 4 ^4 0114 ANY international
    > Rule 5 ^5 0115 ANY international
    > Rule 6 ^6 0116 ANY international
    > Rule 7 ^7 0117 ANY international
    > Rule 8 ^8 0118 ANY international
    > Rule 9 ^9 0119 ANY international

    > Is there a way to add a suffix of "#" to every number that is dialed?

    Using a slightly more advanced voice translation-rule:

    voice translation-rule 1
    rule 1 /^0\(.*\)/ /0\1#/ type international
    rule 2 /^1\(.*\)/ /0111\1#/ type international
    rule 3 /^2\(.*\)/ /0112\1#/ type international
    rule 4 /^3\(.*\)/ /0113\1#/ type international
    rule 5 /^4\(.*\)/ /0114\1#/ type international
    rule 6 /^5\(.*\)/ /0115\1#/ type international
    (... etc)

    The \1 in the destination pattern copies the remainder of the number from
    the set \(.*\) and adds a # at the end.

    rtr#test voice translation-rule 1 15551000 type international
    Matched with rule 2
    Original number: 15551000 Translated number: 01115551000#
    Original number type: international Translated number type: international
    Original number plan: none Translated number plan: none

    Cheers,

    Matt

    --
    Matthew Melbourne
    Matthew Melbourne, Nov 18, 2005

  3. salinikumar

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    what is the difference between the commands 1) Voice translation rule and
    2) translation rule
    in what context is it appropriate to use each of these commands
    salinikumar, Jul 18, 2007