Cisco System PIX 515E - Memory and PIX OS upgrade

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Speed3ple, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Speed3ple

    Speed3ple Guest

    Hi good folks.

    Yesterday I had a Cisco PIX 515E with restricted license and and only
    32Mb of memory, and PIX 6.3.5/PDM

    Today, i have myself a "new" PIX, with 256Mb memory , PIX OS 7.1.2/ASDM
    and a big smile.

    What a difference!

    I used 2 chips of ordinary PC100, 168pins 128Mb memory, and upgraded os
    from monitor.

    Operation took less than an hour, including a good cup of black coffe.

    I just love it!
    I can't wait to set up some vpn links and test some trafic shaping.

    Sorry, i'm beeing a kid on xmas evening...

    My question is:
    Does PIX 7 OS use all this memory?
    Is there some restriction in my license regarding memory use?

    ASDM reports 256Mb memory and i have about 200Mb free...

    best regards to all.
    Speed3ple
    Speed3ple, Apr 4, 2006