Cisco Switch Question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by GlenM, Oct 18, 2011.

  1. GlenM

    GlenM Guest

    I inherited a Cisco 3550 Series Switch (WS-C3550-24-SMI) - I won't
    pretend to know IOS very well, but is version 12.2(35)SE.

    I am attempting to create some VLANs on it, however, I see interfaces
    on the switch called Vlan10, Vlan20, Vlan30, etc.

    When I attempt to create a vlan, it seems to give me some conflicting
    information.

    Example - I want to assign the FastEthernet port 2-6 to a vlan, I
    create vlan 30, assign it IP information, and it assigns it to Vlan30
    ( see what I mean?)

    Perhaps, the best way for me to go is to reset this thing back to
    factory default.

    Perhaps someone has a better way, I can pastebin my 'show running
    config' if need be.

    Thanks

    Glen
    GlenM, Oct 18, 2011