    is a bit expensive to have..

    thanks
    sam
    sam, Feb 1, 2004

  2. In article <bvi2pu$1nt4$>,
    sam <> wrote:
    :Cisco switch 3750 is a Gigabyte switch, is there any other switches can
    :handle less than Gigabyte (eg. 500MB)? It is only concern the price, we
    :still need multi-port spanning functionality for network analysis. The 3750
    :is a bit expensive to have..

    The 3750 line always includes at least two interfaces that can
    handle 1 gigabit (not gigabyte!) per second, but the line includes
    a number of models, some with more gigabit interfaces than others.

    You cannot gets switches that have 500 megabit interfaces -- only
    10 megabit, 100 megabit, 1 gigabit, 2 gigabit, 10 gigabit.

    I have not investigated the SPAN capabilities, but depending
    on what you want to do, you might be able to use a
    2948G, 2948G-L3, 4908G, 2950, 3550, or smaller model of 3750.
    Also, you might be able to use something in the 2900XL line.
    --
    IEA408I: GETMAIN cannot provide buffer for WATLIB.
    Walter Roberson, Feb 2, 2004

  3. sam

    p2p_Ltu Guest

    2 gigabit ?

    "Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote in message news:bvm7pr$83f$...
    > In article <bvi2pu$1nt4$>,
    > sam <> wrote:
    > :Cisco switch 3750 is a Gigabyte switch, is there any other switches can
    > :handle less than Gigabyte (eg. 500MB)? It is only concern the price, we
    > :still need multi-port spanning functionality for network analysis. The 3750
    > :is a bit expensive to have..
    >
    > The 3750 line always includes at least two interfaces that can
    > handle 1 gigabit (not gigabyte!) per second, but the line includes
    > a number of models, some with more gigabit interfaces than others.
    >
    > You cannot gets switches that have 500 megabit interfaces -- only
    > 10 megabit, 100 megabit, 1 gigabit, 2 gigabit, 10 gigabit.
    >
    > I have not investigated the SPAN capabilities, but depending
    > on what you want to do, you might be able to use a
    > 2948G, 2948G-L3, 4908G, 2950, 3550, or smaller model of 3750.
    > Also, you might be able to use something in the 2900XL line.
    > --
    > IEA408I: GETMAIN cannot provide buffer for WATLIB.

    ~ Let us linux ~

    p2p_Ltu, Feb 3, 2004
  4. In article <402033f7$>,
    p2p_Ltu <> top-posted:

    :"Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote in message =
    :news:bvm7pr$83f$...
    :> You cannot gets switches that have 500 megabit interfaces -- only
    :> 10 megabit, 100 megabit, 1 gigabit, 2 gigabit, 10 gigabit.

    :2 gigabit ?

    Fibre Channel switches.
    --
    Would you buy a used bit from this man??
    Walter Roberson, Feb 3, 2004
  5. sam

    p2p_Ltu Guest

    If you are talking about EtherChannel then it's a "Marketing Bullshit".

    Per session bandwith is only 1Gbit, neverless 2 or 4 links in EtherChannel.

    p2p_Ltu, Feb 3, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    p2p_Ltu <> top-posted:

    :> Fibre Channel switches.

    :If you are talking about EtherChannel then it's a "Marketing Bullshit".

    I said Fibre Channel, not EtherChannel.

    Fibre Channel is a non-Ethernet technology that re-engineered
    transfer protocols to improve performance. (I.e., it does NOT
    use traditional IP packets.) FC's main application is in
    Storage Area Networks and related technologies.

    Here's a link to one such device that has 2 Gb/s interfaces:

    http://www.qlogic.com/products/sanbox/sanbox_5200.asp
    --
    Reviewers should be required to produce a certain number of
    negative reviews - like police given quotas for handing out
    Walter Roberson, Feb 3, 2004