    the net. Any pointer or help is greatly appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Mark

    Mark, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Mark

    SPD Guest

    There is a typo in the v7.0 OS79XX.TXT file that can render
    a newly upgraded phone useless. The problem is that the image
    name in the file starts with P00 instead of P0S. You need to
    edit this file to recover the phone.

    -Steve

    SPD, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Yes, well. I attempted to upgrade from an earlier version of SIP FW to the
    7-1 release and now I have a fancy brick on my desk. The phone is stuck with
    a "Protocol Application Invalid" message.

    Mark

    Mark D. Lewis, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Mark

    Steve Blair Guest

    This is the error. I have the same issue. I'm told that
    if you change the OS79XX.TXT file it will correct the problem.
    I haven't tried it yet.

    Steve Blair, Jun 29, 2004
  5. Mark

    Marko Guest

    Right. There is a naming error in the OS79 file. I fixed that before I
    loaded the FW. So, I'm guessing there must be a way to recover else the
    phone is useless.

    Cheers,
    Mark

    Marko, Jun 29, 2004