CISCO SIP Call Progress Detection

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Neil Hampton, May 12, 2004.

  1. Neil Hampton

    Neil Hampton Guest

    Help,

    I am developing a SIP application using a CISCO 1760V gateway
    connected to the PSTN via an Avaya Definity. I am having trouble with
    call progress detection when making calls from a SIP network to the
    PSTN!

    When calling a Busy, or an unobtainable number the gateway returns a
    '183 session progress' message with early media, but there is no way
    to distinguish busy/unobtainable from this message. I have tried to
    use the RTP nte payload type (as per RFC 2833), but the gateway seems
    only to support the DTMF events part of this RFC.

    Sort of doing my own tone detection, does anyone know of a way to get
    at the call progress information? I know the gateway is receiving the
    information since it is in the ISDN Q931 debug messages!

    Our IOS Version is 12.2(4)YB

    Many thanks in anticipation,
    Neil.

    Neil Hampton, May 12, 2004

  2. Neil Hampton

    Neil Hampton Guest

    Managed to solve the problem using the disc_pi_off command.

    Regards,
    Neil.

    Neil Hampton, May 20, 2004