    device now? Trying to trash the current Nortel device.

    Thanks.

    , Sep 1, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Sep 1, 2006

  3. Dom Guest

    On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 11:34 -0700, wrote:
    > I need a Cisco device to do
    > failover on the two links, not necessarily load balancing, just
    > failover...

    If you can get one of the ISPs to give you a rip default originate, then
    you can use a floating static route to failover to the other.

    > I'm looking at the 1841 ISR but don't
    > know if it does failover or can do the dual Ethernet WAN links.

    You probably won't need dual ethernet wan. A router with a single fast
    etherent interface will likely do the trick. Trunk it to a cisco 2950 or
    something and create a lan vlan and wan vlans.

    Dom, Sep 3, 2006