    out the automated asset tracking that is required of partners.

    Thanks

    Nigel.

    Nigel B, May 24, 2004

  2. Nigel B

    jbpes

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Shared Support and Automatic Asset Tracking/Discovery

    Hi Nigel,

    Yes it exists. It's called the "Complete Asset Tool" (CAT) by XOU solutions.

    It automatically detects and collects all Serial numbers, Device names, line cards, part numbers, etc. No need for the kit to be SNMP enabled, it will be discovered anyway. We use it for shared support compliance and for the conversion of older contracts (SIS98) by March 31st 2007.
    You can run it from a laptop or from the NOC, it's not agent base, so it's pretty light and simple to use.
    There is also a reporting function that allows to export results into a corporate database (we use it to match Serial Numbers against contracts for instance).
    http://www.xousolutions.com/features/index.html

    Hope that helps

    J.

    jbpes, Sep 15, 2006