    don't have cable yet!)

    Best regards,
    Michael
    Michael Kjeldsen, Dec 27, 2007

  2. On Dec 28, 12:39 am, Michael Kjeldsen <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I'm trying to gain access to my Cisco SB 107 router, which is
    > connected after my ISP's router running in bridge mode. Problem is
    > that when I connect my IP to the Cisco router, I get a public IP and
    > not an internal IP - so I'm unable to access the web interface.
    >
    > I tried connecting the Cisco router directly to my PC without having
    > it connected to the other router, which resulted in dhcp timing out
    > and giving me a 169.? IP - again, no internal IP. I then tried setting
    > my IP statically in the rage 10.10.10.1/30 - but no result, unable to
    > telnet/ssh or use the web interface.
    >
    > It's never been used before, so I assume that the settings are as they
    > were from factory.
    >
    > Any ideas on how I access it without having to the use the console? (I
    > don't have cable yet!)
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Michael

    I tried connecting the router behind a Linksys router, so it looks
    like this:

    ISP router -> Linksys router (controls NAT) -> Cisco SB 107

    It gets on the network fine, and responds to pings etc., but all ports
    are closed. This is probably because it likes to run on the 10.10.10.*
    network?

    michael@archie:~$ nmap 192.168.1.47

    Starting Nmap 4.22SOC8 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-12-28 00:40 CET
    Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping
    probes, try -PN
    Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 2.023 seconds

    ====

    michael@archie:~$ ping 192.168.1.47
    Michael Kjeldsen, Dec 27, 2007

  3. On Dec 27, 5:44 pm, Michael Kjeldsen <> wrote:
    > On Dec 28, 12:39 am, Michael Kjeldsen <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hello

    > > I'm trying to gain access to my Cisco SB 107 router, which is
    > > connected after my ISP's router running in bridge mode. Problem is
    > > that when I connect my IP to the Cisco router, I get a public IP and
    > > not an internal IP - so I'm unable to access the web interface.

    > > I tried connecting the Cisco router directly to my PC without having
    > > it connected to the other router, which resulted in dhcp timing out
    > > and giving me a 169.? IP - again, no internal IP. I then tried setting
    > > my IP statically in the rage 10.10.10.1/30 - but no result, unable to
    > > telnet/ssh or use the web interface.

    > > It's never been used before, so I assume that the settings are as they
    > > were from factory.

    > > Any ideas on how I access it without having to the use the console? (I
    > > don't have cable yet!)

    > > Best regards,
    > > Michael

    > I tried connecting the router behind a Linksys router, so it looks
    > like this:
    >
    > ISP router -> Linksys router (controls NAT) -> Cisco SB 107
    >
    > It gets on the network fine, and responds to pings etc., but all ports
    > are closed. This is probably because it likes to run on the 10.10.10.*
    > network?
    >
    > michael@archie:~$ nmap 192.168.1.47
    >
    > Starting Nmap 4.22SOC8 (http://insecure.org) at 2007-12-28 00:40 CET
    > Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping
    > probes, try -PN
    > Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 2.023 seconds
    >
    > ====
    >
    > michael@archie:~$ ping 192.168.1.47
    > PING 192.168.1.47 (192.168.1.47) 56(84) bytes of data.
    > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=1.35 ms
    > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=1.19 ms
    > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=1.34 ms

    According to Cisco's website, this device looks likes it would act
    just like your average Cisco router. That being said it should have a
    console port where you would start the initial or recovery
    configuration. It would either be a Rs232 or Rj-45 port, but it would
    be labeled console.

    Regards,
    sCissOrsRsharP, Dec 28, 2007
  4. On Dec 28, 2:57 pm, sCissOrsRsharP <> wrote:
    > On Dec 27, 5:44 pm, Michael Kjeldsen <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Dec 28, 12:39 am, Michael Kjeldsen <> wrote:

    > > > Hello

    > > > I'm trying to gain access to my Cisco SB 107 router, which is
    > > > connected after my ISP's router running in bridge mode. Problem is
    > > > that when I connect my IP to the Cisco router, I get a public IP and
    > > > not an internal IP - so I'm unable to access the web interface.

    > > > I tried connecting the Cisco router directly to my PC without having
    > > > it connected to the other router, which resulted in dhcp timing out
    > > > and giving me a 169.? IP - again, no internal IP. I then tried setting
    > > > my IP statically in the rage 10.10.10.1/30 - but no result, unable to
    > > > telnet/ssh or use the web interface.

    > > > It's never been used before, so I assume that the settings are as they
    > > > were from factory.

    > > > Any ideas on how I access it without having to the use the console? (I
    > > > don't have cable yet!)

    > > > Best regards,
    > > > Michael

    > > I tried connecting the router behind a Linksys router, so it looks
    > > like this:

    > > ISP router -> Linksys router (controls NAT) -> Cisco SB 107

    > > It gets on the network fine, and responds to pings etc., but all ports
    > > are closed. This is probably because it likes to run on the 10.10.10.*
    > > network?

    > > michael@archie:~$ nmap 192.168.1.47

    > > Starting Nmap 4.22SOC8 (http://insecure.org) at 2007-12-28 00:40 CET
    > > Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping
    > > probes, try -PN
    > > Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 2.023 seconds

    > > ====

    > > michael@archie:~$ ping 192.168.1.47
    > > PING 192.168.1.47 (192.168.1.47) 56(84) bytes of data.
    > > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=1.35 ms
    > > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=1.19 ms
    > > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=1.34 ms

    > According to Cisco's website, this device looks likes it would act
    > just like your average Cisco router. That being said it should have a
    > console port where you would start the initial or recovery
    > configuration. It would either be a Rs232 or Rj-45 port, but it would
    > be labeled console.
    >
    > Regards,

    Sorry. Just read that last line from your first post. From the way it
    looks, I would wait for that console cable.
    sCissOrsRsharP, Dec 28, 2007
  5. On Dec 28, 9:59 pm, sCissOrsRsharP <> wrote:
    > On Dec 28, 2:57 pm, sCissOrsRsharP <> wrote:

    > > > I tried connecting the router behind a Linksys router, so it looks
    > > > like this:

    > > > ISP router -> Linksys router (controls NAT) -> Cisco SB 107

    > > > It gets on the network fine, and responds to pings etc., but all ports
    > > > are closed. This is probably because it likes to run on the 10.10.10.*
    > > > network?

    > > > michael@archie:~$ nmap 192.168.1.47

    > > > Starting Nmap 4.22SOC8 (http://insecure.org) at 2007-12-28 00:40 CET
    > > > Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping
    > > > probes, try -PN
    > > > Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 2.023 seconds

    > > > ====

    > > > michael@archie:~$ ping 192.168.1.47
    > > > PING 192.168.1.47 (192.168.1.47) 56(84) bytes of data.
    > > > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=1.35 ms
    > > > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=1.19 ms
    > > > 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=1.34 ms

    > > According to Cisco's website, this device looks likes it would act
    > > just like your average Cisco router. That being said it should have a
    > > console port where you would start the initial or recovery
    > > configuration. It would either be a Rs232 or Rj-45 port, but it would
    > > be labeled console.

    > > Regards,

    > Sorry. Just read that last line from your first post. From the way it
    > looks, I would wait for that console cable.

    I will try this Mondag - no shops open here Sunday, what's up with
    that :).

    Thanks for your reply.
    Michael Kjeldsen, Dec 29, 2007