CISCO-RTTMON-MIB

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by sydneypuente@yahoo.com, Apr 20, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Hello Guys,
    I am trying to load the above MIB so as to enable a MIB browser to get
    for example rttMonEchoAdminTargetAddress.
    Currently the browser can see some branches under 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9 so
    I am shooting for 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42 to be visible.
    I am trying to follow the instructions here:

    http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=CISCO-RTTMON-MIB

    And I am not having a lot of success.
    I know that I need to add P-BRIDGE-MIB.mib cos that is not in the mibs
    directory so far.
    When I add it I get a "ciscoPibToMib unresolved".
    This should be defined in CISCO-SMI I think and actually it is in a
    CISCO-SMI mib I found on the Internet.
    But not in the CISCO-SMI currently on the system [sigh].
    Should I replace the existing CISCO-SMI mib with the "new version"?

    Also in the URL http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=CISCO-RTTMON-MIB
    there are two columns , Version 1 Version 2

    Does that mean for example that SNMPv2-TC-v1 comes in two different
    versions?
    Also there is Active link "This is the SMI version 2 of the MIB. Click
    here to see the SMI version 1", probably this would help me if I
    understood it.

    If you can help, _please_ help!

    TIA

    Syd
    , Apr 20, 2009

  2. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > And I am not having a lot of success.
    > I know that I need to add P-BRIDGE-MIB.mib cos that is not in the mibs
    > directory so far.

    That's an IETF MIB so I would have thought it would be installed by default.

    > When I add it I get a "ciscoPibToMib unresolved".

    What software are you using? Have you been able to add other Cisco MIBs
    without problems? That MIB seems to work for me [have been using it to
    monitor latency between a customers sites across their MPLS with no
    problems].

    > This should be defined in CISCO-SMI I think and actually it is in a
    > CISCO-SMI mib I found on the Internet.
    > But not in the CISCO-SMI currently on the system [sigh].
    > Should I replace the existing CISCO-SMI mib with the "new version"?

    Backup early and backup often, and the world is your oyster.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:43:45 up 136 days, 21:54, 3 users, load average: 0.17, 0.09, 0.07
    alexd, Apr 20, 2009

  3. Guest

    On 20 Apr, 20:49, alexd <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > And I am not having a lot of success.
    > > I know that I need to add P-BRIDGE-MIB.mib cos that is not in the mibs
    > > directory so far.

    > That's an IETF MIB so I would have thought it would be installed by default.

    Nope not there..

    > > When I add it I get a "ciscoPibToMib unresolved".

    > What software are you using?

    Home grown I think
    Have you been able to add other Cisco MIBs
    > without problems?

    Yup
    >That MIB seems to work for me [have been using it to
    > monitor latency between a customers sites across their MPLS with no
    > problems].

    Pretty much what I am supposed to be doing!
    Do you know if you are using V1 or V2 as in mentioned here?
    http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=CISCO-RTTMON-MIB
    or where you are picking up your ciscoPibToMib definition?

    > > This should be defined in CISCO-SMI I think and actually it is in a
    > > CISCO-SMI mib I found on the Internet.
    > > But not in the CISCO-SMI currently on the system [sigh].
    > > Should I replace the existing CISCO-SMI mib with the "new version"?

    > Backup early and backup often, and the world is your oyster.

    Good point - I am concerned about breaking something that is not
    obvious tho...

    > --
    >  <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    >  20:43:45 up 136 days, 21:54,  3 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.09, 0.07
    >  My god, said I, with my one liquid eye, am I dreaming, or am I insane?
    , Apr 20, 2009
  4. Guest

    On 20 Apr, 21:12, wrote:
    > On 20 Apr, 20:49, alexd <> wrote:> wrote:
    > > > And I am not having a lot of success.
    > > > I know that I need to add P-BRIDGE-MIB.mib cos that is not in the mibs
    > > > directory so far.

    > > That's an IETF MIB so I would have thought it would be installed by default.

    > Nope not there..
    >
    > > > When I add it I get a "ciscoPibToMib unresolved".

    > > What software are you using?

    > Home grown I think
    > Have you been able to add other Cisco MIBs> without problems?
    > Yup
    > >That MIB seems to work for me [have been using it to
    > > monitor latency between a customers sites across their MPLS with no
    > > problems].

    > Pretty much what I am supposed to be doing!
    > Do you know if you are using V1 or V2 as in mentioned here?http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&m...
    > or where you are picking up your ciscoPibToMib definition?
    >
    > > > This should be defined in CISCO-SMI I think and actually it is in a
    > > > CISCO-SMI mib I found on the Internet.
    > > > But not in the CISCO-SMI currently on the system [sigh].
    > > > Should I replace the existing CISCO-SMI mib with the "new version"?

    > > Backup early and backup often, and the world is your oyster.

    > Good point - I am concerned about breaking something that is not
    > obvious tho...
    >

    > > --
    > >  <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    > >  20:43:45 up 136 days, 21:54,  3 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.09, 0.07
    > >  My god, said I, with my one liquid eye, am I dreaming, or am I insane?

    thanks for hints - it works now.
    , Apr 21, 2009