    configer ther router to work with them?

    thank you :)

    , Apr 2, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >with witch second layer protocols cisco routers works, and how can i
    >configer ther router to work with them?

    I suspect that "second layer protocols" is what would more commonly
    be called "Layer 2 protocols".

    The Layer 2 protocols supported by a Cisco router depend upon the
    router model, installed equipment, and IOS version.

    I prefer not to answer open ended questions about support for
    some particular feature "on Cisco routers" because in order to
    answer accurately, I would have to research each IOS version for
    every router and show all the differences in configuration that have
    ever exist. That takes a long time, and documentation for IOS
    versions before 11.2 is hard to find. And really, what good would
    it do you to be told the exact way to configure some protocol
    that no-one ever uses anymore on a router that has not been made
    for 15 years on an IOS version that people barely remember?

    If you have questions about the configuration of *specific* protocols
    and a narrow range of routers and a narrow range of IOS versions, then
    people might be able to point you to the applicable documentation.

    If you want to explore, then you can use
    http://www.cisco.com/go/fn
    and select the search by feature, and look through the list of
    "features" that Cisco has indexed.

    Walter Roberson, Apr 2, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > with witch second layer protocols cisco routers works, and how can i
    > configer ther router to work with them?
    >
    > thank you :)

    Kazdan

    Your question is TOOOO generic.

    Is there a specific Layer 2 issue that you're dealing with?

    DD

    Dick Dastardly, Apr 2, 2006