    software like IOS, I can see there may be some issues.

    If there is a document anyone can recommend I would appreciate it.

    Thanks
    Jon L. Miller, Feb 4, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Jon L. Miller <> wrote:
    :Currently we have a VPN that uses a C2621 as the hub and 1721 and 837
    :as spokes. A client wants to add a NetGear 328 in the VPN, which is
    :fine with us,

    How do I put this diplomatically?

    "Different vendors have different levels of compliance with IPSec
    standards; there are also some unspecified or vendor-specific behaviours
    in IPSec which are handled differently by different vendors and may
    lead to difficulties in interoperability."

    :but from what their engineer is saying there are
    :problems with having a NetGear as a spoke in the VPN. Since the VPN
    :is using eigrp does anyone know if this is the cause of the NetGear
    :issue. In other words do all routers handle eigrp protocol or is this
    :strictly a cisco protocol to be used by Cisco routers.

    EIGRP was invented by Cisco.

    :If there is a document anyone can recommend I would appreciate it.

    Netgear puts its manuals online at netgear.com . There are at least
    3 different models that use the number '328', so it is a little difficult
    for us to say what it handles or does not. The FVS328 for example,
    supports only RIP1 and RIP2 as routing protocols.

    I don't recall ever having encountered before anyone who was using
    EIGRP right down to the remote spoke level. A remote spoke only has
    one access route, so it does not seem to make sense to use a protocol
    such as EIGRP which is there for situations in which multiple potential
    data paths exist.
    --
    Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston pie.
    A bird can't whistle and neither can I. -- Pooh
    Walter Roberson, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Jon L. Miller

    SysAdm Guest

    <snip>
    > I don't recall ever having encountered before anyone who was using
    > EIGRP right down to the remote spoke level. A remote spoke only has
    > one access route, so it does not seem to make sense to use a protocol
    > such as EIGRP which is there for situations in which multiple potential
    > data paths exist.
    > --

    <snip>

    then take a peek at eigrp stub routing