    back to inside 192.168.1.11. I know the command in PIX but not Cisco
    router IOS.

    , May 30, 2006

  2. J Guest

    ip nat inside source static a.b.c.d e.f.g.h where a.b.c.d is your
    inside "local" IP and e.f.g.h is your external "global" IP (or
    interface, look up the syntax and options). Don't forget that you'll
    have to make access-list changes if you have one applied to your
    outside interface (you should apply one to your outside interface
    unless you use PAT).

    J, May 30, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I'm trying to configure the Cisco router to redirect the outside IP
    >address back to inside IP address. For example: When package send from
    >inside IP 192.168.1.111 to outside IP 1.2.3.4, package will redirect
    >back to inside 192.168.1.11. I know the command in PIX but not Cisco
    >router IOS.

    Errr -- how do you do that on the PIX? The PIX is designed to not
    allow that.

    Walter Roberson, May 30, 2006
  4. Guest

    The combination between "alias" and "static" two commands should work
    for you.

    > Errr -- how do you do that on the PIX? The PIX is designed to not
    > allow that.

    , Jun 1, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >The combination between "alias" and "static" two commands should work
    >for you.

    >> Errr -- how do you do that on the PIX? The PIX is designed to not
    >> allow that.

    *Tested* example, please.

    static does not take effect unless traffic crosses between
    interfaces -- the packet would have to go out the outside interface
    and attempt to come back in. I've posted extended writeups on why
    that cannot work on the PIX; Unfortunately I don't happen to be able to
    find any of those postings at the moment.

    Walter Roberson, Jun 2, 2006
  6. Guest

    try this and good luck!
    alias (inside) 1.2.3.4 192.168.1.11 255.255.255.255
    static (inside,outside) 1.2.3.4 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.255 0
    0

    , Jun 2, 2006