Cisco Router Configuration

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fanuel, Dec 16, 2010.

  1. Fanuel

    Fanuel

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    hi,

    i have a problem with routing in my Cisco Router and firewall.

    i have Internet link from my ISP terminating at my ASA 5520 firewall and then goes to my Core Router.

    all the different networks are connected to the Core router.

    lets say my Core router LAN is 192.168.1.0/24

    other networks connected to the Core Router are
    1. 192.168.7.0/24
    2. 192.168.2.0/24

    from my other networks i can access the LAN (192.168.1.0/24) with no problems.

    but from lets say 192.168.7.0/24 i can not go through router to the firewall the to the internet.

    can you help on how to configure so that an IP can directly access internet through Core router and out to the firewall.

    you help is highly appreciated.

    thanks buddies.
    Fanuel, Dec 16, 2010

  2. Fanuel

    Fanuel

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    hi,

    i have a problem with routing in my Cisco Router and firewall.

    i have Internet link from my ISP terminating at my ASA 5520 firewall and then goes to my Core Router.

    Core router and firewall are connected in a subnet with 172.0.16.0/24

    router ip lets say is 172.0.16.2 and firewall is 172.16.0.1

    Fanuel, Dec 16, 2010

  3. Fanuel

    2k05gt

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2010
    Messages:
    8
    Actually the ISP connection should terminate at the Router.
    then the ASA 5520 firewall. Unless you are using the ASA as a router as well,
    then you need to need the command
    route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.0.16.254
    route inside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.7.254
    route interface 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.2.254

    But you really don't want to do this it's less secure IMO.

    Why are you using the router inside on a private network? you can use VLANS to seporate the subnets. I am not sure what you are trying to do but if routing from internal subnets connected to the router, you will need to have a route statment for each interface connected to the router pointing to the interface connected to the ASA. I will draw it out and see if I can under stand more.
    2k05gt, Dec 21, 2010