    The router in my case is a Cisco 1000 (ISDN router).

    Thanks in advance for any suggestion or help.

    alex.
    AM, Nov 10, 2004

  2. In article <a%nkd.26452$>, AM <> wrote:
    :did anybody ever set up a configuration with a windows PC as VPN server and
    :a cisco router as client?(The LAN behind the router should entirely see the
    :VPN server without implementing VPN configuration on all PC of the LAN).

    You can't do it with a Cisco PIX firewall -- the PIX can only do
    PPPoE outgoing in general, though the PIX 501 and 506E can also be
    EzVPN Clients.

    :I always saw and heard about (but not configured) router to router and PC to
    :router communications, but no that specified in the subject.
    :I don't know so much for VPN configuration on cisco router.
    :Might anybody help me?

    A large number of models of Cisco routers can do L2TP dialout
    (and possibly other types of connections.)

    :The router in my case is a Cisco 1000 (ISDN router).

    But the 1000 series isn't one of them. The 1001-1004 ended at
    IOS 12.1, with 12.1(25) with IP Feature Set being the last release so
    far.

    I just looked at the feature list, and there isn't anything close to
    that in the 1001-1004 routers.
    --
    What is "The Ultimate Meme"? Would it, like Monty Python's
    "The World's Funniest Joke", lead to the deaths of everyone who
    Walter Roberson, Nov 10, 2004