    hi..
    im using a cisco router 1721.
    how do u know who all pinging to my router, and if they are then how do i stop them from my place coz some people just leave the ping in continous mode and our call keeps on going..

    sameertheone, Jul 5, 2006

  2. sameertheone

    scam3r

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Uninteresting traffic...

    Hi

    I am guessing you are using a ISDN BRI.... On a ISDN interface you can specify types of traffic that will be ignored so this traffic won't unnecessarily keep the ISDN line up. The way cisco describe this is called uninsteresting traffic... To answer your question, you will be able to ignore ICMP (ping) and so this traffic won't keep your ISDN line up when there is no other traffic on the link.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/129/isdn_20602.pdf

    this pdf file has all the info you require to troubleshoot all ISDN line problems, if you can't get access to the link above, download the zip file in this post.

    Have Fun

    Scam

    Attached Files:

    scam3r, Jul 6, 2006