    PoE?
    Or is it the 3560 and upwards only?
    thanks in adv.
    ants, Nov 15, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    ants <> wrote:
    :Can anyone tell me whether the cisco 2950/2970 series switches supports
    :poE?
    :Or is it the 3560 and upwards only?

    Looks like it's the 3560.

    [Say... I didn't know that EOS has been announced for the 3550...]
    never make copies, only human beings make copies. Computers are given
    commands, not permission. Only people can be given permission."
    -- Brad Templeton
    Walter Roberson, Nov 15, 2005

  3. ants

    Harkin Guest

    In order to get the PoE, you have to move up the the 3560s and above.

    Harkin, Nov 17, 2005
  4. ants

    ESM Guest

    3550's come in a PoE model, but it's Cisco Inline Power only.

    3560's were the first to support 802.3af inline power standards.

    ESM, Nov 18, 2005