    their purposes.

    Any ideas out there????
    , Aug 17, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Aug 17, 2006

  3. Guest

    , Aug 18, 2006
  4. Rainer Tammer, Aug 20, 2006
  5. Guest

    I was also unable to find anything that seemed relevant to my specific
    question.

    Although I think I have come to a conclusion that I've not been able to
    verify.

    My intent with the flash upgrade was to allow me to load PIXv7 code on
    the 506 (so I can use it for studies and labs for the new upgraded CCSP
    PIX tests). When I attempt to load it with the current 8MB of Flash, I
    get some indications that there there is not enough flash to load the
    image. This is even AFTER removing the PDM code from flash as suggested
    in various discussion threads. The PIX I have is a 506, not the 506E. I
    was kinda assuming that the 506E may have had 16MB of flash, but I have
    since discovered that most of the "v7 code on PIX506E" threads
    indicate 8MB in use there also.

    I have discovered that the 506 and 506E used different flash chips, and
    also had different revisions of BIOS (506=v4.0 ; 506E=v4.2).

    My current assumption is that the v7.0 code will not load on the 506
    due to the BIOS differences, and maybe possibly due to the differnet
    type of flash in use.

    Rainer Tammer wrote:
    > Hello,
    > could you be a bit more specific ?
    > I am not able to find this article...
    >
    > Bye
    > Rainer
    > www.BradReese.Com wrote:
    > > Hi digital_dictator,
    > >
    > > Brad Ellis, Dual CCIE No. 5796 Security / Routing & Switching has
    > > covered this well on his SecurityIE, The Security Internetworking
    > > Experts Forum:
    > >
    > > http://www.securityie.com/
    > >
    > > Sincerely,
    > >
    > > Brad Reese