    address is 10.1.1.1 and internal router is 10.1.1.3. i am doing traffic
    shapping in the internal router, will this be the right way to do it?

    , Jun 6, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    :hello i have pix doing tunnels and vpn, i also have a cisco router do
    :separate our local subnets. Currently all traffic that does not belong
    :to our subnets exits directly from the pix to the internet. Is there a
    :way to have all the traffic go from the pix to the internal router and
    :then back to the pix and out to the internet.

    Not in Pix 6.x. The Pix *will* notice that it has seen the packet
    already and will drop it.

    You might be able to do something differently in PIX 7.0 (which
    is not available for all models.)

    :lets say the internal pix
    :address is 10.1.1.1 and internal router is 10.1.1.3. i am doing traffic
    :shapping in the internal router, will this be the right way to do it?

    I think we could use a network diagram, as it isn't clear where this
    other data is originating.

    not tried it. -- Donald Knuth

    Walter Roberson, Jun 6, 2005