Cisco PIX Probelm - Plz help asap

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by shankar26, Feb 19, 2009.

  1. shankar26

    shankar26

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Hi Everyone,

    I have one Cisco PIX installed in my company's network which is connected to my inside network as well as outside network(Router) and there is one FTP server located on the ISP site which is usually being accessed daily by our company's internal system.

    Now, the by default FTP port which is 21 is changed to 4099 port on the FTP server site which is hosted on the ISP end, for the security reasons. Now our internal system can access the FTP Server only if they specify port no. 4099 externly and we are doing the same but still we are not able to access the FTP server.

    If we remove the PIX from the path to access the FTP Server, then we are able to access FTP Server.

    Please tell me what is the Problem and how it can be fixed asap.

    Regards.
    Shankar Masoun
    shankar26, Feb 19, 2009

  2. shankar26

    rudresh02

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Hi Shankar,

    Please check whether port 4099 is allowed from outsite to inside of the Pix firewall.

    Regards,
    Rudresh
    rudresh02, Feb 19, 2009

  3. shankar26

    shankar26

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Hi Rudresh,

    As per my thinking, due to Stateful Inspection Feature, The PIX should allow the port 4099 go through when request is generated from INSIDE.

    am i rght?

    Regards.
    Shankar Masoun
    shankar26, Feb 23, 2009