    Thank you so much in advance and somebody please help me.
    Roberto
    , Jun 2, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I just took over a new network and just implemented a new Small
    >Business Server 2003 with Exchange. The old NT 4.0 server is still on
    >the network with exchange 5.5 disabled. I cannot access OWA on the new
    >server because the Cisco Firewall is NATing to the old server IP
    >address. I have never used a pix firewall and therefore i have no idea
    >how to change the configuration. I beleive the firewall is the Cisco
    >Pix 515 running the 4.3 version of the software. I can hyper terminal
    >into the firewall. I have no idea on how or what command to type, to
    >try and change the NAT configuration. Can someone please help me.
    >This is kind of urgent to get fixed.

    >I preatty much need step by step instructions on how to do this.

    You really should have planned for this ahead of time :(

    The PIX 4.3 specific documentation is at
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_43/index.htm
    Unfortunately it's really just the release notes there, so you need
    to refer to the 4.2 documentation,
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_42/pix42cfg/index.htm

    You may wish to examine the configuration example,
    "Two Interface Multiple Server Configuration",
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v42/pix42cfg/pix42exs.htm#xtocid3

    Briefly:
    Connect to the PIX. At the prompt, give the command enable
    and give the password when prompted. Give the command show static
    and inspect the output to find the line that mentions the old server
    IP. Give the command configure terminal to enter configuration mode.
    Enter the command no followed by the exact text of the previous
    static command -- for example,

    no static (inside,outside) 201.202.203.204 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.255

    The 'no' command will remove the previous entry from the running
    configuration. Now, put in the new static command, the same as the
    old except with the new IP address

    static (inside,outside) 201.202.203.204 192.168.1.42 netmask 255.255.255.255

    Test to see that this works. When you are finished testing and wish to
    make the change permanent, give the command write memory
    Walter Roberson, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Guest

    Re: Cisco PIX, Please Help Me

    You might also want to "clear xlate" after changing the static
    translation.